Energy Star Tax Credits – HomeRite Can Help!
Do you want $1,200 toward your next home project? If your home is due for new windows or doors, and you’re interested in benefiting from the cost-savings associated with energy-efficient products, there’s never been a better time to have a conversation with HomeRite to learn more. It’s our goal to make this as convenient and streamlined for you as possible. We’re here to answer your questions, guide you toward the best products to meet your needs, and ensure that your window and door selections qualify for the ENERGY STAR tax credits.
HomeRite takes just a minute of your time right here.
What You Need to Know
- Exterior Doors – 30% of costs up to $250 per door, up to a total of $500. Must meet applicable ENERGY STAR® requirements.
- Windows – 30% of costs up to $600. Must meet ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certification requirements.
- There is a $1,200 aggregate yearly tax credit maximum for all building envelope components, home energy audits and energy property.
- To quality, a home must be located in the United States and must be owned and used by the taxpayer as the taxpayer’s principal residence.
- A taxpayer can claim the credit only for qualifying expenditures incurred for an existing home or for an addition to or renovation of an existing home, and not for a newly constructed home.
- A taxpayer may not include labor costs for qualified energy-efficient building envelope components including doors and windows.
- Learn more here!
Before you make any major decisions, it’s smart to talk to a trusted tax professional who can advise you on the full extent of this tax credit opportunity. They can assess your plans and double-check that you meet all requirements. A professional window and door company, like HomeRite, can offer you advice and expertise on window and door selections, but ultimately any financial and tax decisions should be made with the consultation of your preferred financial expert.